Food Truck License In Dubai – Everything You Need…
Dubai’s culinary scene has undergone a revolution in recent years thanks to the modest food truck. At the same time, the emirate has long been a source of numerous delectable culinary delights. These were typically only accessible in one of the city’s upscale eateries. That is no longer the case, though. With food trucks in Dubai lining many city streets and purpose-built food truck parks springing up in some of the most prestigious Emirates locations, street food is now big business in Dubai. The city is even home to a floating food truck, Aqua Pod, which caters to yachters and jet skiers around the Palm Lagoon and Jumeirah area. The food truck industry in Dubai is expanding at such a rapid rate that more and more business owners are attempting to get into the industry, as food truck cost in Dubai is also reasonable. Apart from the industry’s recent surge in prominence, several other compelling reasons
Starting a food business in Dubai involves much less startup money than starting a restaurant at a fixed location. Because you are typically not bound by leases or other lengthy contracts, it is also more flexible and possibly less dangerous. Food trucks, as opposed to restaurants with set locations, let you go out and locate your market, whether it picnickers. Everyone craves street cuisine, whether they are vacationers, office workers, or both. Although the idea of selling street food may seem easy, getting a Food truck license in Dubai is not always straightforward. There are strict requirements to follow, and before you can start trading, four separate bodies must approve your application and specific food truck license cost.
Way To Get Your Food Truck License In Dubai
- Choosing a company name is the first and easiest step in the start a food business in Dubai or a food truck in Dubai. At this point, a couple of essential considerations are unique to our situation.
- You must adhere to rigid naming rules, so be mindful of that. Simply put, you must refrain from using vulgar or unpleasant words. Avoid abbreviations and well-known corporate names when naming your business after yourself; for example, use Den Mann Consulting rather than D Mann Consulting. Additionally, make sure that your desired name is accessible for registration.
Department of Economic Development (DED)
- After making this choice, you can begin securing the approvals needed to start trading. A thorough business plan must first be submitted to the Dubai Municipality and the Department of Economic Development (DED) of Dubai.
- Both organizations must approve of your idea.
HACCP (Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point)
- A HACCP, known as (Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point) certification is required for hygiene and safety for starting a food business in Dubai. You need one of these certificates for your central kitchen and another for your food truck’s design.
- You must locate a kitchen that has already received certification for your use or identify a caterer to whom you can outsource your food preparation if you merely intend to sell from your food truck in Dubai rather than prepare food on site.
Additionally, you will want permission from the Dubai Electricity and Water Authority (DEWA) and the Roads and Transport Authority (RTA) (DEWA).
You can apply to the DED for your food truck trade license in Dubai once these permissions have been obtained. In most circumstances, you must submit:
- filled-out application
- a copy of the putative owner(s)’ passport
- two passport-size photographs in color
- evidence of authorizations and certificates
Although it may also seem like a lengthy process, it isn’t necessary. With the assistance of a business formation specialist, you might submit your application and have your Food truck license in as little as 30 days. A specialist in business formation can handle the entire procedure for you, coordinating with all required agencies and ensuring your application is accurate and thorough.
Cost Of The Food Truck License
How much does it cost to launch a food truck business in Dubai? As food truck cost in Dubai, It’s similar to asking how long a piece of string is.
The amount of money needed to launch a food truck business will vary depending on your choice of location, the type of food you plan to offer, and the design and layout of your vehicle. According to an average cost estimate, you should budget between AED 130,000 and AED 140,000. A reasonable food truck costs in Dubai about AED 35,000, and monthly rent can range from AED 15,000 to AED 25,000, depending on where you are.
Additionally, you’ll need to budget for the food truck license cost and approvals. While indeed not a tiny investment, this is considerably less than it would cost to open a regular restaurant.
Potential Benefits Of Food Truck
- Move with ease
You can bring your food to your clients, one of the critical advantages of beginning a food truck business. Do your study, determine the areas with the highest demand for your type of cuisine, and then participate. Go where you can find more people or customers to give them food at your set rate.
- Little Financial Commitment
A food truck is also one of the most affordable methods to start a business in the food industry. Compared to traditional brick-and-mortar restaurants, startup costs are significantly lower. A food truck will be perfect for the business startup as you can save many.
- Minimal Overhead
You may operate your food truck with low overhead costs. There isn’t much to factor in at first besides your rent, supplies, and salary. It ultimately also helps you to make more money with beneficial profit.
In The End
At the end of this topic, we have seen all about the Food truck license and much more detail. This guide should have demonstrated that starting a food truck business in Dubai doesn’t have to be difficult if you have the necessary information. However, some previous considerate understanding of the process or system is necessary. Furthermore, it’s crucial to remember that the food truck license cost and application procedure are only simple if your license application is finished and error-free at the time of submission.