Real estate license approval authority in Dubai is Real Estate Regulation Authority (Dubai Land Department). Having real estate license allows you to sell, broker, or rent real estate legally to tenants and buyers on behalf of a real estate brokerage.
Real estate brokerage license can only be owned by UAE national in Dubai. Expatriate can not be shareholder in this license. They can only come in the license as manager after the company has been registered. Legal form for this license is Limited Liability Company (LLC). This activity is not allowed in Freezones and can only be registered in mainland.
Requirements of Real Estate License:
There are many activities under RERA department so requirement of the license depends on the activity you are selecting. Main requirements of a brokerage license are as under:
- Bachelors Degree of the owner.
- Real Estate Practitioner Certificate. (You need to register for the training of that course. After completion of the course, you will appear for exam. Once passed, you will get the certificate).
- Good Conduct Certificate from Police.
- Trade Name Reservation Certificate.
- Initial Approval Enquiry Receipt.
- Passport Copy and Emirates ID Copy of all shareholders.
- Ejari (Tenancy Contract).
Firstly, the process will start from Dubai Economic Department. They will issue the initial approval. Book the trade name of the company afterwards. In the meanwhile, you can also register for RERA course training.
Apply for the RERA approval and complete the trade license process in DED. Then you need to update license in RERA and they will issue you final permit to start your business.
If you need any help from us, Please don’t hesitate to live chat now or send enquiry from the right side bar option. We will be happy to help.