How to start a pest control business in Dubai?
The pest control business in Dubai may sound a little squeamish at first but it has a lot of scopes. Dubai is a city with many skyscrapers, malls, and state-of-the-art infrastructure. It’s a difficult task to maintain the status quo. Pest control business in Dubai is as important as anywhere else in the world.
What is Pest control?
Pest control means the management of pests, which are members of the animal kingdom that has an impact on human lives. Flies, bees, mosquitoes, termites, are some of the examples of pests. They pose serious health issues when they interfere with human lives. Therefore, it becomes necessary to control them for safety.
Protection against rats, mice, cockroaches, termites comes under pest control service. The persons working in pest control need to have a thorough knowledge of techniques and the required process.
To start a pest control service in Dubai, one needs to get a license from the DED and approval from the Dubai Municipality (DM).
How to get a pest control business license in Dubai?
- Firstly, The owners have to choose a trading name for the business keeping in mind the rules.
- Secondly, the businessman has to apply for an initial approval from the DED.
- The owners have to submit the required documents along with the area they plan to serve to the DM. This is for applying for investigation.
- After the investigation process, the DM grants NOC within 3 to 5 days.
- After getting NOC from the DM, the owner can go for the notarization of MOA.
- The DED then issues the license.
- After getting the permit, the owner has to work on the prerequisite procedures.
- The business has to have an Engineer who acts as a chief/ supervisor and at least 2 specialists.
What are the prerequisites to start a pest control business in Dubai?
- The organization has to appoint an engineer who acts as a chief/ supervisor.
- The engineer has to have certification in Agriculture/ Insect security/ Pesticides assurance/ Open Insurance.
- In addition, he has to have 1-year involvement in open heath pest control.
- Along with that, the engineer has to submit a duplicate of a valid international Id and visa duplicate.
- However, the DM may ask for additional records for more authentication.
- After the submission of records, the designer/ chief has to give a test in the DM.
- Permit test
- The DM bug control permit test costs AED 220.
- The test can be applied online.
- The minimum score for passing the test is 70. If the candidate fails, he can reapply after 1 month.
- The DM declares the result in 15- 20 days.
- The online identification card is issued in 3 to 5 days
- The Engineer is now enrolled as a Supervisor in DM
- At first, there should be at least 2 professionals as technicians.
- After that, the Supervisor trains the technicians for the test in the DM. The test costs AED 120.
After the above prerequisites are fulfilled, the DM pest control specialist can add organization names in their documents. Moreover, the chief and the specialist have to get visas from the same organization. In addition, the organization has to pay a license fee to DED and the Chamber of Commerce.
In short, the pest control business is a lucrative one. Businessmen and households want pest control services to be safe from such species which are harmful. The global pest control market is expected to be worth 26.3 billion by 2025. This is increasing at a rate of 5% every year. Whereas, in Latin America and the Middle East this growth is 6 % per year. Therefore, the scope of the pest control business is high in Dubai.
Beyond View, Business setup is a renowned Business setup Consultancy based in Dubai. Our experts can help you get this license in a few steps. We are specialized in mainland company formation, free zone, and offshore IBC. Feel free to contact us anytime and we will love to assist you.