Event management is a booming business in Dubai. With Expo 2020 around the corner, an increase in corporate events and parties is expected. Dubai World Trade Centre hosts hundreds of events including international fairs consumer shows, etc. Millions of global visitors visit Dubai for such events annually. Expo 2020 is expected to welcome around 25 million visitors. Hence, event management business license is the top business license in Dubai.
An event management business license is a professional license. Dubai World/Dubai South, Dubai Creative Cluster, and Fujairah Creative City are hubs for this business.
Advantage of setting up an event management business License in Dubai
Millions of tourists visit Dubai for business, events, exhibitions, etc.
- Event management is an affordable business with around AED 10,000-12,000 for registration.
- It has flexible visa option as owners can apply visas as required.
- Event management business License registered in Free Zone do not really require office space. Whereas, in case of business set in the mainland, office space is required.
- The owner will find it easy to arrange a corporate bank account.
- The owner can sponsor dependents after setting up the business.
Steps to form an event management company in Dubai
Firstly, the owner has to decide the area of business. It may be conferences, events, product presentations, product launches, workshops, hospitality management, ceremonies, celebrations, performing arts management, event promotion, sports management, and the like. Choose best-suited activities according to experience.
After that, the businessman has to decide the location of the business. The company can be set up in the mainland or in Free Zones. As it is a professional business, the owner can have 100% ownership in the mainland and can set up the business anywhere in the UAE with a sponsor as an agent only. However, for the events management business license setup in Free Zone, a permit is required from the authorities for every venue. The DED is the license issuing authority in the mainland whereas, in Free Zones respective authorities are in charge of issuing the license. Licensing and registration differ according to the preferred location.
Procedure to get event management business license in Dubai
- Firstly, the owner has to fill in the application for the license which has personal and professional information. The owner also has to list out the business activities.
- Secondly, choose a unique and appropriate name.
- Thirdly, the business man has to submit the list of business activities to the DED. For business in Free Zone, the Free Zone authority is in-charge.
- After getting the approval, the owner has to submit registration and license fee.
- Final step is to apply for visa and opening a business account.
- Organize, manage and promote gala events, award ceremonies, conventions, conferences, meetings, product launches, seminars and other similar events.
- Organize group hotel bookings for event attendees. However, the booking should comply with the event organized.
- Promote and sell tickets for event managed by the licensee.
- Civil/ construction works such as building stages, scaffolding exhibition stands or any other construction work.
- Trading activities including import and export of products.
- Training activities
- Talent agency activities
- Venue management
- Organize and promote events without the approval of appropriate authorities.
- Sale and distribution of tickets in other Emirates or countries are subject to the rules and laws of the respective Emirates or countries.
- The licensee is liable to refund the amount in case of event cancellation. However, the licensee can insure the event to recover from the loss from cancellation of event. Moreover, the authority may inspect the activities at any point of time.
- The authority need not assist the licensee to get permissions from other authorities
- The licensee shall inform all personnel and entities and technicians associated with the company about any and all regulations, laws and guidelines related to the company. In addition, the licensee is also responsible for the actions of the dependents.
- The term ‘Festival’ is subject to prior written approval from relevant authorities.
- The licensee shall enter into agreement before using any intellectual property, information, documents of third parties.
- Tickets, websites, posters, banners, leaflets, and all marketing materials used should specify relevant general information.
In conclusion, Event management is a highly promising business. Many entrepreneurs are entering this market to make the most of it. However, selecting the area of business activity is of utmost importance. Management skill along with talent and a unique approach to events is the key to the success of this business.