Food Delivery Service License
As we all know, Dubai has turned into a business destination. From big business houses to small businesses and start-ups all are eager to capture this market. Dubai has shown balanced development for different industries. One such business is the delivery industry. With the Covid-19 spread all over the world, people show reluctance to go to the local market and buy products. Instead, they place orders online or through apps and get the desired products at their doorsteps. According to a KPMG survey, 60% of UAE customers order food online as compared to just 18% of US customers. Therefore, the importance of the Food delivery service license is very high in Dubai.
What is the Food Delivery service License?
Some companies are formed to offer services to deliver consumer goods and food items from general stores, restaurants, homes, offices, factories, airports, and others. However, it excludes delivering mail, parcels, and postal items. Corporations willing to launch and expand their operations through online platform take help from delivery service companies.
Requirements to get a Food delivery Service license
To start a Food delivery service license, following points have to be noted:
- Firstly, decide the business activity according to the DED rules.
- Secondly, the Company name has to be selected. The name should be unique and should consider the culture of the land.
- Thirdly, the location of the company has to be decided.
- Next, a trade license has to be applied from the DED or the concerned authorities. Along with that, the owner should make sure that the employees have a driving license.
- The owner has to get approval from the Dubai Food Safety Department.
- The company also has to adhere to the Food Code of Dubai.
- By fulfilling all these the company gets a delivery license.
Other than that, the company has to select vehicles for the movement of goods. For instance, a van, a truck, or a bike. The vehicles must be in suitable working condition, and fuel-efficient. The company should have proper tools and equipment for the easy functioning of the business.
Importance and Benefits of Food Delivery Service License
In these times, people prefer food and other products delivered at their home or office. Delivery service providers need to ensure that there is no breakage and the item is intact. Therefore, the importance of delivery service is high. One gets the products just on a click. Examples of delivery services are Zomato, Uber, Talabat, Deliveroo, and likes. Delivery service has become the lifeline of a business.
Benefits of Delivery service:
- The delivery service provider charges 15 to 20 % of the order value.
- The delivery service gets an advertisement on the website of the shop.
- They can charge a delivery surcharge in the peak hours or for late or early delivery.
- The company can charge 25- 30% is charged as the commission when the orders are less.
- The shop enjoys benefits as free delivery business and free delivery weeks.
The delivery system in Dubai
There is a dedicated fleet for delivery service license in Dubai. In addition to that, Dubai has well-trained drivers, a cost-effective delivery platform, a large number of smartphone usage, an instant tracking system for orders, and 24 hours of operational support. Hence, the delivery service in Dubai is the best in class.
Here, the delivery service provides Express delivery for individuals. For instance, the delivery is made on the same day or as soon as you order. They also provide scheduled delivery of orders.
Mobile App for Delivery system
A mobile app is a must for a delivery service provider. It helps the customers to easily connect to the delivery service providers. The building and maintenance of a mobile app is expensive. The cost depends on the size, location, premises, and ingredients. But the end result is much more than that. A mobile app is convenient and easy. The owner has to work with established mobile app builders who specialize in app design.
In conclusion, a delivery service is of utmost importance these days. It is important for the shop to expand its customer- base and continue to be in touch with the market. The shops have to select the best delivery service providers for the same. Therefore, there is high competitiveness in this business. The delivery service companies have to ensure that they provide high class service to be in the market. Customer satisfaction is the key for this business.