Dubai has been growing and adding up new services every year. There has been a constant increase in the number of expats opening new businesses all over Dubai. Moreover the increase in opportunities has led to migration of even families of these expatriates. The hectic life of people of the city has prevented them from giving time to their children. Work consumes up so much time that the people find no time to groom and teach their children. In such cases nursery business in Dubai has proven to be a big relief.
Nursery works as a daycare institute which helps in the proper care and upbringing of young children, while their parents go for work. Indeed it is a place which altogether gives your child an environment where he can play, get nutritious food and also learn the basics before starting a regular school. It is also a great business opportunity for qualified teachers who are keen on to starting their own venture. If you are planning to open a nursery you need to follow different rules and regulations set by Ministry of UAE.
Phases of Aprrovals
There are different stages for getting permission to open a nursery business in Dubai. Let us see them in brief:
Getting Approval from Ministry of Education
- Fill and submit the application form containing personal information and project details.
- An initial meeting is conducted with the representatives from Ministry of Education.
- The entrepreneur have to submit an academic plan to the Ministry of Education for analysis.
- The Ministry of Education reviews the application, after which one can do any corrections if required.
- Additionally a certified fire and safety officer should approve the building plans of the nursery.
Getting approvals from the Civil Defense and Municipality
- The entrepreneur should submit all the required documents for verification to the Civil Defense and Municipality.
- A representative from Ministry of Education visits the site for final approval.
- An application containing details of the proposed manager should be submitted to the Civil Defense and Municipality.
- Finally the Ministry of Education gives the consent for the Manager, once he/she is selected in an interview.
Procuring Nursery License from the Department of Economic Development
- Submit the application and procure the license from DED.
- Submit an application of work permit for the staff. Furthermore save their information in the system for future references.
- The entrepreneur should solicit permission from MOE for advertising.
- Finally we have to apply for a visit from MOE representatives to get the approval for a smooth operation.
Other important facts which affect Nursery Business in Dubai.
- A business plan including details like an executive summary, education curriculum, safety and hygiene, marketing plan, etc. should be submitted.
- The nursery must appoint a director who has proven work experience of two years in early childhood education. Besides he/she should also submit documents verifying educational and work qualifications.
- We should build nurseries only on the first or second floor of buildings.
- The owner or the employed manager should be a UAE or Arab national. However, if the nursery is built in the free zone, the local partner must be a UAE national.
- The capacity of the room must match the total number of children.
The documents required for setting up nursery in Dubai.
- Owners passport copies, photo and educational documents.
- Passport and educational documents of the staffs.
- A letter from the municipality approving the appropriate construction of the building.
- A nursery license application
- A map diagram showing the location of the nursery indicating the neighborhood, the street name etc.
- Furthermore the police should provide a clearance certificate.
The nursery business needs special care as it involves proper upbringing of young children .Therefore the government has created three phases to ensure safety of the children. Hence the parents finds these services quite helpful as they can now leave their leave their children under the care of these professionals.