Healthcare is a growing industry around the world. Many countries are inventing and adopting new technologies to protect people from prevalent chronic diseases. UAE is also one nation which is working towards the uplifting of its health sector. Dubai, among the seven emirates, has the finest healthcare system and professionally qualified doctors. The supportive government also provides opportunities for foreign investors to set up health care centers at different Mainland, Offshore and Free zone Locations. Therefore, many investors are focused on setting up Healthcare Business in Dubai.
If you are planning to setting up Healthcare Business in Dubai, there are two alternatives to choose from:
Dubai Healthcare City
Mohammed Bin Rasheed Maktoum started the Dubai Healthcare City(DHCC) in 2002. The aim of the government was to provide high quality and patient centered health care. DHCC provides healthcare practitioners with opportunities to set up services and enjoy the benefits of free zones . The DHCC has two phases Phase 1 and Phase 2 committed to healthcare, education and wellness respectively.
Steps to follow for a healthcare setup in DHCC
- A healthcare setup must obtain a license from Dubai Healthcare City Authority-Regulatory.
- A general business plan along with application should be submitted to Dubai HealthCare City Establishment Facility.
- The documents such as passport copies, CV of shareholders etc should also be submitted.
- The Facility Licensing Department(FLD) first reviews the application. Secondly the Facility committee accepts the document for further verification.
- The Committee then provides an approval letter specifying the business activities of the setup. The approval letter also specifies the rules and regulations.
- DHCR has laid down building construction standards that need to be followed by every facility. The Facility Licensing Department(FLD) is responsible for conducting inspections to ensure the proper functioning of the facility. It also ensures the certification and proper maintenance of medical equipment.
- These facilities attend various awareness sessions conducted by the DHCC. They also supervise pre-operational assessments to avoid any lapse.
How to setup health care in Dubai Mainland?
The investors who are looking to setting up Healthcare Business in Dubai should get permit from two government bodies:
- Department of Economic Development(DED)
- Dubai Health Authority(DHA)
- Determining the legal entity of a company: An investor should determine the basic entity of an organization before setting up. For example : it can be an LLC, a sole establishment, a civil company or branch of foreign company.
- Deciding on a trade name : Before setting up health care setup, the trade name should be finalized. Besides, it should be in correspondence with the activity name given for healthcare businesses in DED list of business activities.
- Choosing an apt location: An investor can set up a healthcare business in mainland, free zone and offshore areas. Moreover, he has the option of establishing healthcare centers on a rented land as well as leasing or acquiring land from the government or the local people.
- Approval from DED and DHA:
- The DED will give the initial approval certificate after verifying the application. Along with the application the investor must submit verifying documents like passport copy, NOC from sponsor, Article of Association etc.
- The DHCC approves the application and then passes it on to DHA for further validation. The DHA will check the viability of the enterprise and professional qualification of the owner. Hence, if the verification is successful the approval is given to start the enterprise.
Benefits of Setting up Healthcare Business in Dubai:
Access to advanced technology
The healthcare industry will get the benefits as Dubai is a growing economy. Besides the new inventions and advanced technology will be helpful in discovering new treatments for different chronic illness.
Tax exemptions in free zones
The health care industry attracts many expats to Dubai free zones due to its various tax exemption policies. Moreover, the investor can transfer back the capital money invested back to his home country.
Qualified Medical Professionals
The city has access to skilled healthcare professionals who have hands on experience in handling simple to complex situations. In addition to that these professionals have good networks for helping out each other in need.
Good Business environment and Location
The locations such as DHCC has proven to be a boon for the healthcare providers in and outside Dubai. DHCC also provides access to research centers, collaboration options, well qualified professionals all at one place. Therefore, offering health care investors an efficient place for setting up Healthcare Business in Dubai.
Thus, these various aspects have given Dubai, an edge over other cities to excel in the healthcare field.