The world comprises of many mind boggling destinations which makes it a beautiful place to live in. Therefore the tourism industry has grown over the past two decades as people love to travel and explore these locations. Dubai is one among these few cities that has witnessed a startling rise in the number of tourists . The flourishing tourism industry provides opportunities for various local and foreign investors to invest and capitalize the hospitality sector. Moreover the number of tourists grew and hotel chains started to open up in Dubai. However the tourists have found a less expensive and convenient choice of stay in Vacation Home Rentals in Dubai.
Many companies have shifted their focus to holiday homes considering the surging tourists and their love for traveling. While setting up a holiday home consider the activity name ‘Vacation Home Rentals in Dubai’ as is mentioned under DED list of business Activities.
Vacation Home Rentals in Dubai and its procedures:
Vacation Home Rentals in Dubai is classified as a furnished property that are rented out to the tourists on a weekly, monthly and yearly basis as an alternative for hotels and resorts. The decree No 41 monitors these holiday homes under its regulatory. Furthermore the two government bodies that manages the working of these services are:
- Department of Economic Development(DED) – The DED verifies the business activity and issues trade license for opening holiday homes.
- Department of Tourism and Commerce Ministry- It is the main body which approves the permit and its operator.
Besides these services are provided by individual property owners, professional operators of holiday homes as well as tenants by submitting the tenancy contract.
Steps to follow to become a holiday home operator (if one has not previously registered.)
It is very essential to register as an operator under DTCM to set up a holiday home. The steps are as follows:
Requirements for registration
- Passport or emirates id copy of operating tenant or property owners.
- Commercial license copy for professional operators.
- Passport or emirates id copy for the manager representing the professional operator.
How to register?
- Go to the DTCM holiday home portal and specify the type of operator.
- Enter the required information like company name, license number, address etc. and upload the documents verifying the same.
- Review and edit your application.
- Then make the payment through the link sent by DTCM using credit card or Smart Government approved debit card.
- The DTCM approves the account after the payment confirmation.
Key points to consider:
- The Landowner should give a NOC certificate for setting up vacation home rentals in Dubai. Moreover a tenant can only register one unit per account.
- An owner or tenant’s account name must match their title deed’s or tenancy contract’s name respectively.
- License holder cannot provide the services which are outside the holiday home and can only provide phone services.
- A license holder should update requisite information like trade license to DTCM annually. He should also give DTCM the data and statistics of the guests on a regular basis.
Steps to follow to apply for a permit for vacation home rentals in Dubai
The permit for a holiday home is also provided by DTCM. Indeed it is very important to register apartments and villas prior to listing and subletting.
Requirements for the permit:
- Copy of Title deed, Sale Purchase Agreement and payment completion.
- Passport or Emirates ID of Landlord and trade license if the unit is owned by a company.
- Property management Letter and latest electricity bill of the unit from Dubai Electricity and Water Authority(DEWA).
- A tenant should submit tenancy contract.
How to Register?
- Login to registered account with username and password.
- Select the ‘Add Unit’ option and enter the unit and other required information.
- Submit the verifying documents.
- Review and submit the application.
- The unit will be added to the owner’s dashboard and will be available for self classification.
- Units are classified under ‘Holiday Homes-standard’ and ‘Holiday Homes-Deluxe’. Finally after submitting the self classification certificate, pay the permit and classification fee.
After this the permit is approved, the owner can start the functioning of the Holiday Home.
Key points to consider:
- As per DTCM law, the permit should be displayed inside the property.
- The owner should provide electricity and water without any extra charges.
- While maintaining the property proper care should be given.
- The holiday homes should follow standards set by DTCM.
- The guests should pay 10% municipality tax.
- Additional Dubai tourism fee AED 10 and AED 15 for standard and deluxe holiday home should be collected.
Therefore the vacation home rentals in Dubai have found an edge over other facilities on the mainland. Moreover, the owners also enjoy the benefits of mainland Dubai, by setting up these vacation homes there. The tourists also find it more convenient and they can stay here hassle-free. Hence the Dubai Government always takes care of its visitor’s experience and also provides facilities so that they travel the city conveniently.