Social Media has altogether created a new world where people share and exchange stories and experiences. Besides, it has also substituted old communication channels like newspaper, television and radio. Even the marketers all over the world prefer social networking sites for promoting their products and services. In Dubai itself the entrepreneurs find social media beneficial for reaching a mass audience. However, Dubai requires an e-trade license to start a social media company in Dubai. If you are planning to setup a Social Media Company in Dubai consider the following points:
Benefits of Social Media Company in Dubai
- It is a low cost business setup used to increase product visibility and brand awareness.
- The social media will create more inbound traffic for every content one will post on social media. Moreover it will gain you a new customer every day.
- The more content you will post on social media the more viewers you will gain. This in turn will increase the conversion rates of your social media page. Besides people make a personal connection with the seller, thus increasing the confidence in the brand.
E-trading License and its Need
An E-trade license was introduced by Department of Economic Development (DED) to ease trading on social media websites. It is a convenient option for single owner companies who want to sell their products and services online. In order to get a E-trader license the entrepreneur needs to:
- Submit proof of Identity
- Decide and submit the type of business activity you want to set up.
- Submit the details of the account displaying products and services.
The E-trade License is beneficial as it improves the reliability of the intellectual property and also removes the hurdles faced by customers. Besides with the introduction of an e- trade license, a consumer can now shop confidently online. Furthermore, it also aims to track down and ban social media sites which sell fake and counterfeit products. However, e-trade license will not provide you with choice to have an office space, corporate bank account or even issue visas.
Steps to Start a Full Fledged Social Media Business
The DED issues the e-trade license to perform trading on social media sites without giving the option to rent an office space, opening a corporate account or even issuing visa. However, if you want to open a full fledged social media business with all facilities opt for the following steps:
- Fill the application form for license in DED website.
- Submit all the documents and government approvals for verification.
- Reserve a trade name and obtain the certificate.
- Upload approvals from other departments if required.
- Obtain tenancy contract and Ejari registration certificate.
- Submit MOA agreement done with a registered local sponsor.
- Additionally, upload passport copies and NOC’s from partners if partners have employment visa.
- Finally, after completing all the processes procure your license from DED.
This is a brief of the process to own a social media company in Dubai. Therefore, if you are ready to experience new channels of marketing, it is always best to trade on social media sites.