How to Start Medical Equipment Company in Dubai
The leadership of United Arab Emirates has a vision in investing businesses that impact directly to their population both economically and socially. It has envisioned significantly a long term working relationship between healthcare patrons by engaging both private and public stakeholders to further enhance its healthcare industry.
The UAE healthcare market has witnessed an astonishing growth in medical tourism over the past decade and in fact taken the lead in the whole gulf region. The UAE market is also encouraging the private sector partnership in upgrading the existing healthcare system and developing it to a world class industry.
Furthermore, the UAE Government has liberalizing policies for foreign investors, and has plans to take the growth up to 8.5% during 2018-2023.
According to WHO’s survey the people in UAE lead a busy life. There are certainly some health concerns. One out of three Adults are with Obesity and out of five, one individual is living with diabetes. Thus, the healthcare facilities are one of the top priorities of UAE government in order to provide top class healthcare to its citizens.
The current world scenario makes it even more significant that the major stakeholders must keep up with the pace in ensuring that the medical equipment needs are meeting the world standards.
COVID19 is a bitter reality and we need to deal with its circumstantial impacts on our lives along with health vulnerabilities. The medical assistance and equipment required in that regard is a necessity that pushes world’s healthcare businesses to modify their infrastructures, resources and capacities accordingly.
Despite short-term outlook for year 2020 due to Covid-19, UAE is committed to provide private sector with incentives and liberalized policies to seek attention of businessmen interested in investing in its healthcare system.
Supplies and Import of Medical Equipment in UAE
So, the time is right for businessmen to start investments in pharmaceutical distribution and its equipment import in Dubai. This is where a business setup company will assist you in registering, documentation and procedural work of your medical equipment business in UAE.
An overview of the procedure for incorporation of a medical equipment business in UAE is given below;
- A register of all pharmaceutical products and medical equipment is maintained by The UAE Ministry of Health and Prevention.
- Only registered medicines, pharmaceutical products and equipment can be distributed in UAE.
- The permission for import will be granted to only registered products
- The company that desires to trade in medical products and equipment must register itself with the ministry as well as the list of products it requires to trade.
- To start your business in medical equipment trading company, one needs to acquire a commercial license.
- Business needs to be registered in Dubai mainland.
- Department of Economic Development (DED) deals with the issuance of Dubai mainland business licenses.
Documents Requirement for Registration:
For registration in Dubai as a medical equipment trading company, the following are the requisites to be submitted to DED:
- Trade Name/ Company name, along with at least 3 alternatives.
- Business Activity must be specified. In this case medical equipment or surgical items with its details.
- Passport copy of the shareholders and partners.
- Emirates ID of the Sponsor (UAE national /Local)
- Entry stamp or visa page in case a partner is on Visit Visa or if a partner residing in the UAE then his/her resident visa.
Contact us if you are willing to explore more opportunities in Dubai. Our agents can assist you in complying governmental documentation procedure as well as in process of your medical equipment company formation.